Faculty of Education

Prof. Tripta Trivedi

Prof. Tripta Trivedi

Phone : 7991200752

Email : dean_education@lkouniv.ac.in
triptatrivedi2002@yahoo.com

The B.Ed.Sc. Programme was launched in 1944 and subsequently a Department of Education was established in 1953 under the Faculty of Arts. An independent Faculty of Education came into existence in the year 1978. Since then the Faculty has not looked back and is proud of some outstanding achievements.

Today it feels distinguished and privileged for having the been the first Department of Education in Uttar Pradesh that was conferred the status of an Institute of Advanced Studies in Education (IASE) by the Central Ministry of HRD in 1994. The Faculty has produced many luminaries such as Prof. S. N. Jha, Prof. R. B. Mathur, Prof. S. P. Chaube and Prof. S. R. Jaiswal. Two Faculty members Prof. R. J. Singh and Prof. and Prof. Anil Shukla have added glory to the history of the Faculty of Education by becoming Vice Chancellor in two different State Universities.

The Faculty also prides in having various Epoch-Making Centers such as Sri Aurobindo Center, Swami Vivekananda Center and Center of Gandhian Thoughts. The U. P. Government has given grants under the prestigious Centre of Excellence scheme for undertaking various academic and research related activities.